Army Aircraft Icing
Impact on mission accomplishment
A1. Time required to deice aircraft before flight
1. L. a/c stay hangared just about all the time, even when deployed.
6. L. Assessed as low due to reduced collective training OPTEMPO during
winter due to preparation for Longbow turn-in, as well as weather in this region
is quite moderate.
13. L. In Kosovo we experienced very few incidents of icing. The procure-
ment of blade covers and the hangar availability allowed aircraft on R&S (re-
connaissance and surveillance) and [illegible] to be hangared when inclement
weather was forecasted.
25. M. Time is critical when 1st up a/c require deice.
31. L. Little icing in Korea.
38. M. In Korea, happens rarely, but can add up to one hour for preparation.
Icing here is historically fairly light, even trace on the ground.
40. L. Never deiced a/c. We would move alert a/c into hanger to keep from