ERS-1 SAR: Radarsat International, Richmond, British Columbia; Rectification was per-
formed separately by Dept. of Geological Sciences Remote Sensing Laboratory, Dartmouth
College, Hanover, NH (Omaha, Chester and Sioux City scenes) and by Dept. of Energy
Pacific Northwest Laboratory, Richland, WA (remaining scenes).
Landsat TM: Earth Observation Satellite Company (EOSAT), Lanham, MD
SPOT Panchromatic: SPOT Image Corporation, Reston, VA
Data_Set_History: 1. Imagery was rectified using UTM data with the following datums: TM
-> NAD27, SAR -> NAD27, SPOT -> WGS84.
2. Vector data was screen digitized and imported to ARC/INFO using `generate' with the
3. Projections were assigned to each arc coverage using `projectdefine'. For the purposes of
this data set, WGS84 was defined as NAD83.
4. The NAD27 data were transformed to NAD83.
5. The Omaha and Chester coverages were clipped to contain only the region within the
UTM Zone to which their images were rectified.
6. Coverages were converted to DLG-3 Optional using `arcdlg'.
Military derived inundation data zone 15
Data_Set_Identity: Midwest Inundation Data
Data_Set_Description: This data set contains flooded river regions in UTM Zone 15. Data wa
digitized from 1:100000-scale maps provided by the U.S. Army Topographic Engineering
Data_Set_Extent: River sections in the following USGS 1:100000-scale maps:
Aledo - Illinois, Iowa
Davenport - Iowa, Illinois
Quincy - Illinois, Missouri
St. Louis - Missouri, Illinois
Festus - Missouri, Illinois
Jerseyville - Illinois, Missouri
Farmington - Missouri, Illinois
Burlington - Iowa, Illinois, Missouri
Grid_Coordinate_System: Universal Transverse Mercator
Horizontal_Datum: NAD 83
Ellipsoid: GRS 1980
Transfer_Format: DLG-3 Optional
Contact_Organization: USACE Remote Sensing/GIS Center
Contact_Person: Dr. Joyce Nagle, Civil Engineer
Contact_Mailing_Address: 72 Lyme Road, Hanover, NH 03755-1290
Contact_Telephone: (603) 646-4100
Custodial_Liability: Custodian does not assume liability
Source: Classified. Data reduced to an unclassified mode and drawn on maps
Creator_of_Source: U.S. Army Topographic Engineering Center, Ft. Belvoir, VA
Data_Set_History: 1. Digitized off the 1:100000-scale maps using GRASS 4.0.
2. Exported to ARC/INFO in DLG-3 optional distribution format.
3. Appended using the `line' and `all' options.
4. Projected from NAD27 to NAD83.